Flatten Clip Shortcut

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to create a shortcut to flatten a selected clip?

It is already set to ' ALT + m ' by default, but if you want to change it search in --> Settings --> Keyboard Shortcuts and search for 'Merge selected clips' and you can change the shortcut by pressing the + button
Screenshot from 2024-04-07 04-59-26.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I suspect this a request to flatten an audio clip ?? I don't think there is, I too was looking for a shortcut to render a clip to a track, I think it has to be done with either the actions panel or control panel.
Processor AMD PRO A10-8750B R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (30.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

https://soundclick.com/guerillagenus

Merge is doing the exact same thing as flatten is to the Audio files. Try it for yourself ... select 1 or more audio Clips and do the key combo 'ALT M'

The thing is, It would be great you could select 1 or more clips and "ALT F" (ie) and every clip would be flattened individually...not merging

Yes I agree, I have actually been working on or rather should i say, experimenting badly with the javascript API to create a macro that will automate this. :D

It kind of works in a hacky way, but until I learn how to properly work with objects and make an array that I can run the for loop over it is not ready yet... I'll post a .gif up next here of it in action

The 1mb limiter on here is a real killer :cry: , anyway here is a .gif of the macro in action .
Render_demo.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Looks promising, would you share the code?

As soon as I figure the code out I will share it on here no problem. I don't want anyone getting stuck in an infinite loop like I did while testing lol. It was mega hard to get control of my system again when the script was spawning 1000s of rendered files :)

Return to “Tracktion”