Recording takes/lanes questions

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to do a multi pass recording of a drum beat using Ezdrummer 3. Where is the setting that will allow me to record each take to a new lane and also allow me to hear all previously recorded lanes while recording the new one?

Also how do you select and delete individual lanes? I'm not seeing the setting to do so when I select a lane.

Lastly, how do you select all recorded MIDI lanes and merge them to a single MIDI lane?
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

I'm not sure that you can do multipass recording of MIDI which will go into separate new MIDI , I do however know that you can achieve exactly what you are looking to do by adding a new track and routing audio from the MIDI track then recording both. Now each time that a loop passes in the audio recording track will create a new lane . To access the options of the recorded audio there is a + icon on bottom right of the clip.

Still patiently waiting for these features to be added one of these days lol....
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

summer2000 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:18 am Lastly, how do you select all recorded MIDI lanes and merge them to a single MIDI lane?
You select all recorded MIDI and merge - for my Alt+M :)
For me, for example, 2 or more midi clips are combined into one midi clip.
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

MIDI Cycle Record Mode - Mix in Cubase allows you to record new lanes to previously lanes in a track while hearing the previously recorded events. Is this possible in Waveform?

Return to “Tracktion”