non iLok reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Polyverse Comet is really nice albeit expensive. Being able to Morph between presets gives it a unique capacity for sound design. Adding my praise to NI Raum as well. Then good old Valhalla Vintage Verb, which isn't the most realistic sounding but has a nice washy density to it that works well. Can't remember if it's iLok or not but I've had good results from Waves IR1, simple to use convolution and usually quite cheap.

Just jumping in to say that the Wave Alchemy reverbs sound incredible to me. 112db Redline Reverb is a bit on the expensive side, but is probably my favorite all-purpose reverb plugin. Klanghelm TENS is another great-sounding one- it's a spring reverb, but sounds like plate very easily.

Also, the Variety of Sound reverbs are free and rival the top paid plugins imo, as do TAL Reverb 4 and OrilRiver.

For realistic room reverbs, I really like the IK Sunset ones. I don't need these kind of reverbs often, so there are probably loads of other good ones I don't know about, but these ones sound good to me.
Last edited by concealed identity on Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toneboosters Reverb 4 is excellent.

Ones that I know of and haven't seen mentioned yet (or missed them):

Arturia INTENSITY
Baby Audio Crystalline
Baby Audio Spaced Out (reverb/delay combo, not just a reverb)
Nomad Factory 80s spaces
Dharma KSHMR Reverb
Unfiltered Audio Tails (although it is bit unusual)
Sonible smart:reverb
SIR Audio Tools SIR3
Klanghelm TENS

Savant Audio Labs Quantum Evolution or Quantum Room Simulator
Apulsoft apVerb

As others have mentioned, try Raum. It's free as well, so, there's nothing to lose. ;)

I must say that you abstain from a lot of good stuff when you don't want to use iLok protected plugins though. Some of the best FX are iLok.

You also abstain from using one of the most intrusive copy protection schemes by avoiding iLok infected plugins.

The quality of plugins has nothing to do with the fact that they use iLok. It does have everything to do with the incompetence and laziness of developers who expect you to install third party software that they have no control over just to protect their intellectual property when the IP you create using those plugins can not be similarly protected.

Anyway, endless iLok debates aside here is a link to the really nice free Sanford Reverb.

https://www.lesliesanford.com/vst/plugins/
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:34 pm I must say that you abstain from a lot of good stuff when you don't want to use iLok protected plugins though. Some of the best FX are iLok.
I think that there's enough quality software out there that it's not too difficult to get everything you need and be satisfied without using iLok. That being said, the first reverbs that came to mind to recommend (Softube TSAR and Exponential Audio plugins) are iLok :lol:

See? :P

lajosuti wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:50 pm Hi,

I got rid of all my iLok plugins, except Seventh Heaven (LiquidSonics). What is a good reverb which doesn't require iLok (and also not Waves)? I have Valhalla Room, but I wonder if there is anything else. How is NI Raum for example?
What DAW do you use? Most of the DAWs include native reverb good enough

concealed identity wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:42 pm I think that there's enough quality software out there that it's not too difficult to get everything you need and be satisfied without using iLok. That being said, the first reverbs that came to mind to recommend (Softube TSAR and Exponential Audio plugins) are iLok :lol:
It's incredibly easy to get all the high quality software you need (from developers who actually respect their customers) without using iLok. I have over 900 high quality plugins and only a handful are ilok infected.

For example I own the aforementioned Softube's TSAR and while it's not a bad reverb it's not even in my top ten favorites. Certainly nothing worth putting up with iLok to use.

Anyway the OP asked for non-iLok reverbs not our opinions on iLok.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You're the only one ranting about iLok in here as far as I can see, if you don't want to talk about iLok this is a very easy problem to solve! :lol:

concealed identity wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:12 pm You're the only one ranting about iLok in here as far as I can see, if you don't want to talk about iLok this is a very easy problem to solve! :lol:
No, I was responding to this:
chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:34 pm I must say that you abstain from a lot of good stuff when you don't want to use iLok protected plugins though. Some of the best FX are iLok.
Point, counterpoint.

Do try to keep up with the thread. :wink:

Anyway back on topic, MReverb is getting a lot of use here these days. Great sound and very feature rich. It's also only $42:

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MReverb

MReverb.png

Be advised though that Melda will install all files for every one of his plugins even if you only buy one. Hundreds of useless files so if space is a concern keep that in mind.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anyway, back on topic. You also abstain from using one of the most intrusive copy protection schemes by avoiding iLok infected plugins.

The quality of plugins has nothing to do with the fact that they use iLok. It does have everything to do with the incompetence and laziness of developers who expect you to install third party software that they have no control over just to protect their intellectual property when the IP you create using those plugins can not be similarly protected.

Steve Bolivar wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:49 am Melda MTurboReverb is on sale for the next 22 hours for $159
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MTurboReverb
I got it as part of the MXXX bundle when it was half off. It's pretty great at everything.
These reviews are from when it was released back in 2017 but it has been updated several times since then. Melda does free updates for life.
https://musictech.com/reviews/melda-mtu ... rb-review/
https://xlr8r.com/gear/review-meldaprod ... rboreverb/
I entered the topic to give the same suggestion. MTurboReverb to rule them all, i really use this one for everything.

If you may need some other effects, i may suggest you to check their bundle cause ofc they comes with a better value and are well written and generally very light on cpu.

Return to “Effects”