Tracktion Waveform 13 Free - Any restrictions on the use of sounds generated using the DAW ?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Regarding Tracktion Waveform 13 Free, I want to understand and would like to see in writing any restrictions on the use of any sounds generated using the DAW. I have searched for any kind of licence, terms of use, EULA, statements in the user manual etc on the Tracktion website but have not found anything.

I would be grateful if anyone can point me to anything that clarifies what restrictions (if any) there are.

If there is nothing written, does that mean that there are no restrictions on what use can be made of sounds generated ?

Same answer as your other post, since its exactly the same question. Copyright applies to recordings, not generated sound.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

There are zero restrictions on its use to produce recordings.

The only risk is if you import third-party samples, take recordings yourself off copyrighted or restricted material (such as YouTube), or embed copyrighted material from other sources. In other words, don't steal outside recordings and pass them off as your own.

In short--if you use the sounds and plugins included in Waveform, produce original sounds or material on your own, and use any/all plugins per their licenses, you're 100% good to go.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Return to “Tracktion”