Sample Robot vs Apple's Autosampler

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know where this post actually belongs because it's both about software samplers and the tools to sample sounds from hardware synthesizers.

Anyway, I dumped the post here in the "Hardware (Instruments and Effects)" forum.

I'm curious if anyone has compared the "autosampling" program "Sample Robot" v6 with similar autosampling tools built into Logic's "Sampler" plugin and Apple's MainStage program.

I used to own the Redmatica "Autosampler" program which was eventually rolled into Logic's "Sampler" plugin and Apple's "MainStage" live performance plugin hosting environment. So I am somewhat familiar with how these programs work.

But I am curious to know whether it is worth paying for Sample Robot if I already own MainStage? Also, which program has the best "crossfade looper"? Back in the day, it was amazing how well Redmatica's Autosampler could automatically loop and crossfade even seemingly "unloopable" samples.

I'm wondering whether Sample Robot comes even close to that level of sophistication.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”