Sustain Pedal

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Am I missing something, or do none of the Muon synths I own (Electron and Tau Pro) make use of the sustain pedal?

No Muon Synth as yet responds to Sustain Pedal messages. If you think about it, Tau and Tau Pro are both monophonic so not sure if sustain would be terribly useful

Also, neither Electron nor Atom Pro have no built-in voice limiters, and so you could find yourself in a sticky situation CPU-wise and suffer a lot of voice stealing.

Hope this helps
Dave

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Muon Software Ltd:
<strong>No Muon Synth as yet responds to Sustain Pedal messages. If you think about it, Tau and Tau Pro are both monophonic so not sure if sustain would be terribly useful

Also, neither Electron nor Atom Pro have no built-in voice limiters, and so you could find yourself in a sticky situation CPU-wise and suffer a lot of voice stealing.

Hope this helps
Dave</strong><hr></blockquote>

It would be useful with a mono synth. It could be used to trigger portamento...

I'm classically trained, therefore I tend to use my sustain pedal to hold note often... It would be beneficial to me, if a decent algorithym was used to steal notes (after all, I started with a 6 voice Juno 60, so I'm used to voice stealing)..

We can certainly look at it if enough people want it.

However you're right, it would require some modifications to the note-stealing algorithm, the way it is right now (oldest voice stolen first) would cause some problems to a sustain pedal user.

Kind regards
Dave

Return to “Muon Software”