Anyone here have Korg legacy collection? how is it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Is it fun to use and does it sound good? the controller looks sweet

there's mjones4th gloating over the steal of a deal he made last night!
:hihi:

don't take the word 'steal' literally

and bluedad, thanking mjones4th for helping bluedad keep his new years resolution... :hihi:

mjones4th wrote:and bluedad, thanking mjones4th for helping bluedad keep his new years resolution... :hihi:
such a thoughtful and noble person you are for 'helping' bluedad. :roll:

:hihi: :lol: :P

Minikeys are annoying...that is all I'll say for the controller.

As for sound...simply outstanding. All of the instruments are. I love the MS-20 the most though. THat thing is just FUN to program. Moreso than the Wavestation and the polysix. But they ALL SOUND GREAT!!! I like their character. And using the Legacy Cell program is very cool, though I am still hard at work to get that down as far as learning its ins and outs for practical uses in songs...but when I do, it'll be awesome. Well worth the money...

And aside from the minikeys, the controller is great too.

VitaminD wrote:
mjones4th wrote:and bluedad, thanking mjones4th for helping bluedad keep his new years resolution... :hihi:
such a thoughtful and noble person you are for 'helping' bluedad. :roll:

:hihi: :lol: :P
hey I do what I can...

Now all I have to do is scan my cell phone bill, and change that $50 to $200. (in other words, my fiancee is gonna kill me, once again...) :hihi: :help:

I wouldnt trust Korg with a product that needs future support.

Based on their record, Legacy wont be updated for Longhorn.

Montana wrote:I wouldnt trust Korg with a product that needs future support.

Based on their record, Legacy wont be updated for Longhorn.
It has had 2 minor updates already. Nothing much feature-wise, but still, it shows they're on it.

I think much will depend on the sale figures. If Korg does well on this we'll see more like it. But I don't think they've sold 2000 copies already as the controllers are still in the shops.

so true!
:oops:

cptgone wrote:It has had 2 minor updates already. Nothing much feature-wise, but still, it shows they're on it.
Not really. Korg OASYS made it to version 2.0.2. I see it as an attempt to solidify the product, and bolster confidence in future support, thereby earning more sales from those of us who think about stuff like that. Not really shady, per se, just business practice.

cptgone wrote:I think much will depend on the sale figures. .
Bingo.

Being an OASYS owner, I know first hand that Korg will drop Legacy like a hot potato if it flops. If it earns money, my feeling is they'll support it, add to it, and possibly port that OASYS code to native (ok now everybody go buy a Korg Legacy...).

OASYS was indeed a certified flop in Korg's eyes, even though it is a fabulous work of engineering, and to this day, has a loyal following of ~1000 users, and continued third party development.

bluedad wrote:
so true!
I have a Pro-53.. wanna buy it?

:P :hihi:

VitaminD wrote:
bluedad wrote:
so true!
I have a Pro-53.. wanna buy it?

:P :hihi:
:hihi:
:wink:

Return to “Instruments”