Video of T2 at NAMM

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Shazbot
KVRist
112 posts since 14 Jun, 2004 from Richland, WA

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:12 pm

Here it is.

Doesn't really show all that much, unfortunately, but it's something, eh?
http://www.EricHermanMusic.com
- Cool Tunes for Kids -

IIRs
KVRAF
6735 posts since 25 Mar, 2002 from sheffield, england

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:23 pm

Can't seem to get that link to work. :?

I just get a 166 bytes .rm file.. :shrug:

Jeremy_NSL
KVRAF
2978 posts since 24 Apr, 2003 from Canada

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:37 pm

Sort of a waste of a demo. Doesn't show almost any new features. Couldn't he at least have demo'd the piano roll? Well, maybe those goggles were on a little tight ;) :hihi:

Shazbot
KVRist
112 posts since 14 Jun, 2004 from Richland, WA

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:53 pm

Yeah, it's almost as if he purposely avoided showing anything really interesting. :P
http://www.EricHermanMusic.com
- Cool Tunes for Kids -

djsubject
KVRAF
10826 posts since 26 Nov, 2004 from UK

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:57 pm

did he say comming out in FEB 2005? :D :love: :D
Last edited by djsubject on Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AD80
KVRAF
3745 posts since 29 Sep, 2002 from Killafornia

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:11 pm

Edit: I got it to work, just had to paste the URL in Real player. Watching now. :D
Image

IIRs
KVRAF
6735 posts since 25 Mar, 2002 from sheffield, england

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:19 pm

I guess I need Real Player installed then. Doh! :oops:

Think I'll just wait till I'm back at work.. :wink:

AD80
KVRAF
3745 posts since 29 Sep, 2002 from Killafornia

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:30 pm

platinumears wrote:I guess I need Real Player installed then. Doh! :oops:

Think I'll just wait till I'm back at work.. :wink:
Dont worry, He didnt show anything too crucial. Its obvious he wasnt trying to get into any of the details. But its cool to see T2 in video tho. From what I could see, theres not much change to the project tab, or settings tab. The new inputs are nice. The sends seem pretty easy to use, he just briefly clicked on one. It seems like an intergrated senderealla type thing :cool:. The color chooser for clips now has swatches instead of being a continuous gradient. And you can plug your guitar into T2 now apparently :D . Thats pretty much all I could see from that clip.

One thing I noticed about the send recieve channel is that its the same size as the regular tracks. Which reminded me that T2 really needs some type of track management system!! Like lockable track sizes or folders or something.
Image

IIRs
KVRAF
6735 posts since 25 Mar, 2002 from sheffield, england

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:44 pm

AD80 wrote: The sends seem pretty easy to use, he just briefly clicked on one. It seems like an intergrated senderealla type thing :cool:.
Don't suppose you could tell if they're true stereo or not?
AD80 wrote:And you can plug your guitar into T2 now apparently :D .
Wow!! It comes with a high Z input? :shock:
That is cool!

:lol:

AD80
KVRAF
3745 posts since 29 Sep, 2002 from Killafornia

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:52 pm

platinumears wrote:
Don't suppose you could tell if they're true stereo or not?
Not sure what you mean, they're not true stereo now?

When he clicked on the aux filter it had two drop down menu's (one probably destination, the other probably passthrough or redirect--I'm guessing because thats how senderealla works :D), then it had a simple slider that looked like amount of send. So its very simple.
Image

Mr. Tingle
KVRAF
2009 posts since 9 Apr, 2003 from Cornwall, UK

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:56 pm

AD80 wrote:Which reminded me that T2 really needs some type of track management system!! Like lockable track sizes or folders or something.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
Image

IIRs
KVRAF
6735 posts since 25 Mar, 2002 from sheffield, england

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:01 pm

AD80 wrote:
platinumears wrote:
Don't suppose you could tell if they're true stereo or not?
Not sure what you mean, they're not true stereo now?
No idea what they are till we get our grubby hands on that beta.. :lol:

Rack type sends are true stereo. I assume Senderella is too, but I don't really use it. (Nothing wrong with it afaik, its just I don't have a problem with using racks :shrug:)

Most software mixer aux sends aren't however. While there are obvious cost reasons for keeping them mono in an analogue desk, it seems bloody silly in a software one if you ask me..

AD80
KVRAF
3745 posts since 29 Sep, 2002 from Killafornia

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:04 pm

platinumears wrote:
Most software mixer aux sends aren't however. While there are obvious cost reasons for keeping them mono in an analogue desk, it seems bloody silly in a software one if you ask me..
Ohh ok, yeah these look like they're stereo. Senderella is stereo aswell. I wouldnt use it if it wasnt! :)
Image

Jeremy_NSL
KVRAF
2978 posts since 24 Apr, 2003 from Canada

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:22 pm

Yes, there needs to be folder tracks desperately, or at least some way to semi-permenantly hide tracks (so when you push f9 to maximize tracks, some stay hidden)

AD80
KVRAF
3745 posts since 29 Sep, 2002 from Killafornia

Post Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:38 pm

floyd wrote:Yes, there needs to be folder tracks desperately, or at least some way to semi-permenantly hide tracks (so when you push f9 to maximize tracks, some stay hidden)
Indeed!
Image

Return to “Tracktion”