Directions for Zamp

Official support for: lesproductionszvon.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's what I'd like to see... make a random feature which will sweep thru the samples at various locations for various times, basically selecting and playing a random `slice`... to make glitch sounds and beats... like a circuit-bent sampler.

Jack could create a probability algorithm which controls (1) which sample is triggered, (2) the start point of the trigger, and (3) the end point.

Load up some Speak n Spell samples (I've got some and xoxos has some over at his site) and bam... Zamp... the circuit-bent glitch sampler!!

Anyone else like to see a mad option like this??

Sounds like a very good idea to me!
I tried out a few probability ideas earlier...

1-random probability for start/end times like you said, sounds very cool with voice samples. The closer the start/end times, the glitchier the effect.

2-random probability for the sample's direction, this is totally wierd, the effect ranges from modulating reversal, to an almost timestreatching effect(almost), to ring modulation...reminds me of the sp202, which had similar effects, but not as wierd.

3-random probability for which sample is played with note on, no sucess though, still not doing what I'd like it to.

Anyway, next update is coming soon and will allow for some circuit bending mayhem...thanks for the ideas :D

I would like to hear all that randomness, hope it will work out. Sure would like that option 3 (and the 2 others).

zvon wrote:I would like to hear all that randomness, hope it will work out. Sure would like that option 3 (and the 2 others).
I'll post some mp3s in a bit...

Options 1 & 2 will be very cool!!
I can almost hear the glitchy-goodness now!
heeheehhee... let the madness begin!! :lol: :lol:

I've only played around a bit in SE so I wasn't sure if the idea of switching/glitching between samples (#3) would be possible.
What way are you attempting to trigger the samples... via a sequencer? Would something like grafting the CEQ or Cortex sequencer work to trigger note on/off?

sdv wrote: What way are you attempting to trigger the samples... via a sequencer? Would something like grafting the CEQ or Cortex sequencer work to trigger note on/off?
I want the randomness to be triggered when playing the keyboard and by the host sequencer. I like Zamp's small GUI, grafting a sequencer to it would make it quite larger. Personally the way I see Zamp's evolution is adding sound modulation tools, not making it a sequencer.

Of course Jack could implement this in Cortex at some point.

zvon wrote:
I want the randomness to be triggered when playing the keyboard and by the host sequencer. I like Zamp's small GUI, grafting a sequencer to it would make it quite larger. Personally the way I see Zamp's evolution is adding sound modulation tools, not making it a sequencer.
I agree... don't want it too large. Part of it's beauty is in it's compact size. In terms of the sequencer I was referring to using that internally as a way for the samples to trigger (item #3).
The user would never have to see anything except a button [to turn the function on]& a 'dial' [set the amount of probabilty].

But then again Jack may have tried option and it didn't quite work... dunno, just a thought I had about how the trigger random sample might work.
Last edited by sdv on Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack R wrote:
zvon wrote:I would like to hear all that randomness, hope it will work out. Sure would like that option 3 (and the 2 others).
I'll post some mp3s in a bit...
Please, I'd like to post mine
:)

mahtazz

Hi mahtazz,

You made it with the sample included in your download?
You should post the preset too!

Please, re-download now.

Tell me what do you think....

Thanks, I will check it next week as I'm too busy until then.

Here's two zamps each playing one julie sample:
bent julie
This shows whats possible with the 'timestreacher' and makes use of the random start/end positions. The timestreacher is convincing, but very strange, as you can hear it can become some kind of wierd ringmod pitchshifter with the turn of a knob.

Triggering the randomness wont require a sequencer, just a simple pulse from a bpm clock, so the new mangle options will only be a few knobs and buttons that I'm putting in a hidden panel...kind of like opening the box to view the circuit.

Jack R wrote:Here's two zamps each playing one julie sample
That shite is whack!!
heeheehehahahahah :lol: :lol:
Just what I would expect to hear from a circuit-bent sampler. I thinks the bend in on!!
It sounds ALOT like some of the toys I've bent.
Good work Jack!!

Pretty weird, I will have to listen to it a second time to figure what's going on exactly :o

mahtazz wrote:Tell me what do you think....
getting there... the starts of some glitchiness. :)
thnx for posting!

Return to “Les Productions Zvon”