some grungy pop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is not a definitive mix or anything.

Just thought I would post a song here as its been forever since I did so, and this is the first time I have posted any rock and roll.

The song is called "Ship". The band used to be called The November Criminals. (Not sure what we are called these days....suggestions, anyone?)

I play drums and have the baritone voice that comes in toward the end.

The song is guitar based rock in 3/4 time.

It is an mp3 encoded at 128 kbs. It is just under 4 minutes in length.

There...have I forgotten anything?

http://www.audioshots.com/auditorium/vi ... .php?t=925
Last edited by herodotus on Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Listening to it now:

1) nice intro - reminds me of Soundgarden somehow (which is good)

2) I like the song, vocal fx are cool, bari vocal is ubercool too

3) you need to do another mix, drums haven't got enough presence (a bit too much reverb for my taste), guitars should be stronger too (i don't mean more distorted, guitars sound fine already, compression + eq maybe), there's a few dud notes on the bass I think (could be guitar as well), nothing major though.

It could be a very fine album track with a new mix done (actually I like it already)

k

soulata wrote:Listening to it now:

1) nice intro - reminds me of Soundgarden somehow (which is good)

2) I like the song, vocal fx are cool, bari vocal is ubercool too

3) you need to do another mix, drums haven't got enough presence (a bit too much reverb for my taste), guitars should be stronger too (i don't mean more distorted, guitars sound fine already, compression + eq maybe), there's a few dud notes on the bass I think (could be guitar as well), nothing major though.

It could be a very fine album track with a new mix done (actually I like it already)
Yeah, this here is a headphone mix, I really just put the Tracks into Tracktion and did a 1/2 hours tweaking with them.

The real work is all ahead of us (And we have about 20 songs to go....just for this album....what am I doing posting here??)

In any case, thanks much for listening.

the pleasure's all mine. don't forget to post it again after mixing.

k

Nice song! But lose that horrid k-v-r hi-hat disease reverb on the drums, or at least cut the high end on it loads, the hi-hats have got that horrid ssssszzzzzsss sound! If t'were me I'd be inclined to tone down the reverb overall, go for a more immediate kind of mix.

Love the ending! :lol:

hey! nice one! longe live the 90's grunge!

enjoyed this very much.

the mix is not yet optimal...too intrusive cymbals...but that are minor technical details....

:) 8)

donkey tugger wrote:Nice song! But lose that horrid k-v-r hi-hat disease reverb on the drums, or at least cut the high end on it loads, the hi-hats have got that horrid ssssszzzzzsss sound! If t'were me I'd be inclined to tone down the reverb overall, go for a more immediate kind of mix.

Love the ending! :lol:
Thanks donks!

Yeah, some serious work is going to have to be done on the drums, which were done a while ago and with only 3 mics. I wanted to redo the song as a whole, but the guitarist will have none of it. :shrug:

Ah - this is a great song!
Wouldn't happen to know about the mix as I only listened on crappy speakers.
Seems the drums are kinda hissy.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote:Ah - this is a great song!
Wouldn't happen to know about the mix as I only listened on crappy speakers.
Seems the drums are kinda hissy.
Thanks!!

TrekStar wrote:hey! nice one! longe live the 90's grunge!

enjoyed this very much.

the mix is not yet optimal...too intrusive cymbals...but that are minor technical details....

:) 8)
I do miss the 90's.

Commercial midwestern American radio sucked .05% less for a few years there.

:wink:

Thanks!

New (less deceptive)thread title.

Bump

Good night all. :zzz:

Bump.

so,drums?you know where i can find any good loops hehe

anyway i told you id listen when i got up,and i did,i just got up later than i thought :o

anyway,altho as im sure you can guess it isnt my normal listening fayre i still enjoyed it :)

ill leave mix comments to peeps like donks who know what theyre talkin about :)

vurt wrote:so,drums?you know where i can find any good loops hehe

anyway i told you id listen when i got up,and i did,i just got up later than i thought :o

anyway,altho as im sure you can guess it isnt my normal listening fayre i still enjoyed it :)

ill leave mix comments to peeps like donks who know what theyre talkin about :)
Thanks a lot vurt.

I respect your "I'll listen to anything once" attitude. If only others were as open-minded. (sigh)

p.s. who told you donks knows what he is talking about?? The guy likes Neil Diamond for chrissakes.

:hihi: :wink:

bump?

Return to “Music Cafe”