Some parameters not reacting in FSVA

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I love the upgrade but some of the knobs are dropping off after a few minutes use. They can still be adjusted but the sound doesn't change.

The only thing which gets them back is closing the instance of FSVA and re opening it.

If I change presets the jammed knob's parameters don't change, so the new preset loads incorrectly.

I'm using Logic 6.4.2, G4867 mdd, Delta44

Cheers
bluey

Hiya,

this sounds like an old bug in CoreAudio where it sometimes could happen that AU parameters "lose" their connection between gui and plugin. Which system are you running it on? Maybe updating QuickTime to the latest does the trick...

I'll run a search my emails to see if I can gather more information.

Cheers,

;) Urs

Okay,

I found that topic discussed with Apple back in October. At that time the answer was "it will be fixed in Tiger". I've sent them a mail to learn if they have managed to fix this with Panther as well.

I'll keep you posted. - I hope that there'll be an easy fix for you!

Cheers,

;) Urs

Thanks Urs,
Maybe I'll try the quicktime update.
I look forward to hearing any news.

bluey

Update: Just got a mail from Apple. If the problem is what I suspect, QT7 should repair it on Panther (10.3.9 I think...)

Cheers,

;) Urs

unfortunately the quicktime update hasn't fixed it. Any other ideas?
It makes it pretty well impossible to use as the sounds don't always reflect the settings and if I close the song and reopen it they suddenly will reflect the settings and everything sounds wrong.
Thanks for your help
bluey

Hmmm, how did version 1.0 run for you? Has it come in with version 1.1?

;) Urs

I have just been testing the previous version and can't reproduce the problem. The most common (or maybe just the most noticable parameter to die is the delay, and that doesn't exist on the previous version.
I remember experiencing the step sequencer in filterscape failing to react a couple of times in the original release but that problem seemed to disappear with the next release.
So far I have only noticed the problem with FSVA in version 1.1.

bluey

Return to “u-he”