New Manual for Filterscape?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, does anyone know whether there is a new manual for Filterscape. I have the one that came with the beta, anyone?

Just wondering if I can create a preset for FilterscapeVA using the UC33e in LIVE>

Thanks.

I think Urs mentioned in an email that the manual would be updated soon. The manual I have is also from the 1.0 release.

- Torben

Oh... the manual... :oops:

Hmmm, would anyone mind if I made it an extra manual just for the changes? - The dude who did the layout and stuff seems pretty busy, he never got the updated Zebra manual layouted. And I'm pretty slow at that, it took me almost a week to make the 15-pages Podolski manual... :-|

To be honest, I'm currently in a very critical stage of developing something new. This is one of those periods when I turn into a nerd, doing code 24/7, not answering phone calls, all that stuff. I hope to leave this stage behind by next week, that would give me the chance to switch mental state and concentrate on something different...

However, if you have questions, I'll answer them here...

Cheers,

;) Urs

Hey Urs, don't want to slow you down so put the manual at the back of your list. I do think that a manual for the changes is appropriate as the first one is very informative.

I guess my main question to you or anyone else; is there a way to create MIDI mapping for FilterscapeVA (using a UC33e in LIVE) that FilterscapeVA will remember if I open it again in a different session?

Thanks.
Probably in the manual, but I seemed to have missed it last night. I know there aren't true MIDIcc's due to the large number of parameters, but just wonder if I could make a preset, instead of assigning each time I open FilterscapeVA in LIVE.

anti-banausic wrote:Hey Urs, don't want to slow you down so put the manual at the back of your list. I do think that a manual for the changes is appropriate as the first one is very informative.

I guess my main question to you or anyone else; is there a way to create MIDI mapping for FilterscapeVA (using a UC33e in LIVE) that FilterscapeVA will remember if I open it again in a different session?

Thanks.
Probably in the manual, but I seemed to have missed it last night. I know there aren't true MIDIcc's due to the large number of parameters, but just wonder if I could make a preset, instead of assigning each time I open FilterscapeVA in LIVE.
What is a UC33e?!?

Hmmm, one problem is, Filterscape can only MidiLearn parameters that have a knob or a menu. Well, that's 95% out of approximately 600 parameters. But of course you can assign only 128.

A problem in Live is, it doesn't give you all 128 MidiCCs. Some are filtered out, such as CC#0 for Bank Select.

For the rest, this should work:

Mac: ctrl-click / right-click or cmd-shift-click a knob, then turn the Midi controller.

Windows: right-click a knob, then turn the Midi controller.

This should Midi learn the controller to that parameter if - but only if - the corresponding MidiCC reaches the plugin... btw you can check this: MidiLearn works if you can MidiLearn the ModWheel. Sending CCs in general works if you modulate oscillator tune by "Expression" and sending CC#14 has an effect.

When you close the song or all instances, Filterscape/VA/Q6 write out a file with the assigned settings and loads it whenever a new instance is opened.

Uhm, but this is in the manual already, except for the cmd-shift-click workaround for hosts in which ctrl-click dos not work.

Hope this helps,

;) Urs

Urs,
The UC33e is a controller from evolution that has a bunch of knobs and sliders....just a MIDI controller through USB.

The thing that interests me is the file that is written with the assigned settings. I haven't really tried this, but will when I get back to my stuff tonight. IF that is so, and any new instance loaded will remember the assignments that is awesome and exactly the info I was looking for. Cool...

Thanks...

Hey, just tried this.

Man is that a killer feature. That is definitely a better way than using MIDIcc's especially since there are so many automatable params in FS. Thanks Urs.

I also just have to mention, or iterate, what you have said before....with all the amazing things that this synth can do...the one I am almost most surprised by is how it does bass. In approximately three seconds, you can get an amazingly good analog sounding bass, then a TB303-like bass, from the initial preset. Just awesome.

Urs wrote: Sending CCs in general works if you modulate oscillator tune by "Expression" and sending CC#14 has an effect.
CC14?
Are you sure it isn't CC11?

Cheers,
Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote:Are you sure it isn't CC11?
:oops: You're right... weird... mental disorder...

;) Urs

Dude, if you're in geek mode... ditch the manual :D
That's the best thing that can happen to someone doing something complicated. Makes you 10x more efficient.

And don't be ashamed of the geek mode! :wink:

Only crappy part about this: you get antisocial after more than two weeks of this. :cry:

cheater wrote:Only crappy part about this: you get antisocial after more than two weeks of this. :cry:
Uh oh... I must be very antisocial by now... uhm, yeah, I guess this is true... I go downstairs to the pub only twice a week now... :oops:

arrrgh...

But hey, it's gonna sound good 8)

;) Urs

Return to “u-he”