Need help with reinstalling Zebra after data loss

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, could Urs or someone help me out? Long story short, I'm reinstalling all my music software after nasty data loss problems. (I will never again rely on DVD-Rs for important backups!)

Anyhow, I salvaged the Zebra component before my drive died. It seems to be fully working, but I don't have any of the presets. I never mastered Zebra patch programming, so I really need those presets as a starting point.

I bought Zebra during the big group buy (which seemed to be mostly people from KvR and OSXaudio). I haven't figured out yet how to recover all my old emails and no longer have access to the email account I'm sure I used for the group buy thing.

What can I do to get all those wonderful patches again?

Also, Zebra tells me I'm running in demo mode. Only I don't notice any sound cut offs or occasional noise. So maybe I'm not in demo mode. In any case I'd feel better if I could recover my registration number. Urs, maybe if I can give you my name and the email address I think I used, you can dig that up for me? Or maybe someone can point me to a how-to guide for recovering old emails off bad drives when you used Apple Mail.

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Hiya digdug,

sorry to hear about your data loss!

You can get back all the patches simply by downloading the demo version - they're all in there!

I will send you your serial number if you send me an email, no prob -> urs at u-he dot com

We have a store in Berlin that does data recovery on broken hard drives for a couple of bucks (they just copy the content of the broken drive onto another drive) but they can't always recover everything. I'd suggest you check out independent stores with repair facilities close to you.

Cheers,

;) Urs

Return to “u-he”