Tverb is a faithful recreation of Tony Visconti's three microphone technique used with Bowie on "Heroes" at Hansa Studios, Berlin. Eventide takes this concept to the next level. With the Tverb plugin you can run your tracks through this legendary room with one close mic and two movable stereo room mics with control over the response characteristics of the room.
- 2 Moveable microphones to adjust reverb size and tone.
- Adjustable polar patterns for microphone 1 to adjust the amount of ambient room tone.
- Custom Eventide reverb algorithm with EQ, diffusion, and decay control.
- Compressor module on microphone 1, just as Visconti had in the original session.
- 2 Linkable Post-Reverb Gate modules with control of when the gates close, the speed at which they close, and the length of time they are forced to stay open.
- Console (inspired by the one used in the session and with Visconti's 'grease pencil' labelling) provides post-reverb channel processing for each individual mic and the master.
- Room mixer module alters the sound of the room itself with control over decay, diffusion, and frequency attenuation.
- Signal inversion buttons to remove (or create) phase cancellation.
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant.
- Complete automation support.