Abbey Road recently released their first ever app, Topline, a simple recording app for iOS available now for free in the App Store.
Abbey Road worked closely with emerging songwriters and producers from across London to understand their creative needs. They all shared a big concern about losing original song ideas - either through not being able to capture them easily when they occurred or by finding it impossible to locate them later.
Abbey Road decided to solve this challenge by designing an intuitive and ingeniously simple to use app with music at its heart.
Topline helps you catch ideas instantly and precisely before that valuable moment is lost. You can share files easily, sing over imported tracks, add lyrics, tags and pictures, find previous work super-fast, and always have space for new ideas by syncing songs to your cloud storage:
- Catch ideas effortlessly: The clean and simple user interface makes capturing your initial song ideas easy and enjoyable.
- Create using three tracks: Sing over an imported track or add up to two tracks of audio to your original file.
- Express your vision: Build and organise projects in your own way by adding lyrics, tags and pictures.
- Import and collaborate: Import audio files from Mail, Cloud, Google Drive and Dropbox. Convert projects to M4A and share via email.
- Find projects fast: The inbuilt map tracks the time and place of every capture or action, enabling you to locate your work rapidly.
- Keep it safe: Safeguard ideas and free up space by synching your projects to Google Drive, Dropbox or the cloud of your choice.