This is the last version before 1.0 and it adds complete multi-channel audio recording support, as well as many usability improvements, mostly in the patching workflow and the audio monitor.
With the new any-point recording and record groups features it is possible to "plug" the audio recorder anywhere in the patch, and record simultaneously any number of sources and channels directly to your hard drive.
The audio recorder can be mapped to external controllers and with the follow-clock option and external synch on, the process can be fully remote-controlled and slaved to any external transport master device.
Several improvements have been made to the patcher, including the new "swap" and "disconnect" actions, as well as better multi-point patching and smoother overall operation when performing actions on multiple selections.
Amongst the notable additions, VST programs and banks (FXP/FXB) can now be imported and exported via the module context menu. The audio monitoring system has been improved too, and many reported bugs were fixed.
Full Change List
- New Audio Recorder with associated floating window and global application control ports for external mapping (source/volume/enable/cut).
- Any-point Recording allows to record audio from any patch location(s), pre or post processing level, and stream data to disk in real-time.
- Monitor groups and associated groups management dialog (allow record source switching and complex source selections).
- Follow-clock recorder option makes the audio recording start and stop with the master clock (sample accurate).
- One file for all channels or one file per channel recording option.
- Application can export audio to EBU RF64 file format (all bit-depths, including IEEE Float32).
- Application can export audio to WAVE file format (all bit-depths, including IEEE Float32).
- Audio recordings above 4GB in size are automatically converted to RF64 format.
- VST programs and banks (FXP/FXB) can be imported and exported via the "VST programs" module context menu.
- Swapping master modules now keeps the patch connected (as much as possible).
- New "disconnect" patcher action allows to remove all audio links from the selection, while trying to maintain patch integrity.
- Holding a modifier key (shift or control) when using "disconnect" in patcher simply breaks all links without trying to keep chains connected.
- Reduced the amount of patcher redraws when performing live editing.
- Performing patcher actions on a multiple selection triggers a single patch live update (some actions did not).
- It is now possible to swap any module with any other in patcher by selecting them both and clicking "swap" in context menu.
- It is now possible to monitor master module outputs (APL slots).
- Improved mono-mode audio monitoring "use only first source channel" option to monitor the first connected bundle channel (and not just the absolute first).
- Mono monitor sources expansion is now also performed when the source port is not mono but a single channel in the bundle is connected.
- Added new hidden option to disable automatic mono monitor sources expansion to all monitoring channel pair (useful for multichan monitoring).
- Modules having both MIDI keyboard control focus and a permanent MIDI routing to the same input channel no longer receive redundant events.
- Creating patch audio links while holding modifier key now also works for 1:N and N:1 cases.
- Creating multiple patch links at once creates a single action history entry (for undo/redo).
- Master modules with stereo-pairs audio I/O have bundled pins in patcher like normal modules.
- Holding shift or control when selecting the "Enable" menu items can be used to force disabling.
- Menu items are accessible via standard Alt+letters key combinations in edit mode even when menu is hidden.
- VST modules with MIDI output stop sending data when their cut-port is activated (muted).
- Screen switcher control ports values are displayed in a more natural way (no longer zero-index based).
- Better default values for Matrix mixers and routers modules.
- Added a keyboard shortcut to minimize application (Ctrl+Alt+W).
- Improved configuration wizard VST path selection step (guessed path is preselected).
- Added two QuickStart guides to the "help" menu.
- Added a backwards compatibility fix (pre-0.98 documents could not undo the VST module delete action).
- After undoing module deletions, power status LEDs were sometimes not updated in patcher.
- Recurrent "CORE CALLBACK - OPCODE 3" error when sending MIDI to some VST plugins (ex: Analog Factory).
- Monitor groups content and current monitor group index were not properly loaded from document.
- Monitoring multiple master module inputs in the same monitor group did not work.
- Dual-Stereo Master Module had incorrect individual input monitor hook slots.
- Regression in OSMTS1 module broke the "pitch" control.
- There were one too many items per group in VST plugin listings with the auto-group option on.
- Regression in previous version broke audio latency display in patcher.
- When recalling VST presets (chunk modes) in SA or HA emulation mode, cut-port events timing was slightly inaccurate.
- RemoteControl XY Pads modules did not update their GUI properly when only one axis was mapped.
- Fixed cosmetic bug on Dual-Stereo Clear-Path Input Module GUI (always on vumeter).
- Regression in 1toN Switch and N-way Switch modules GUI (value selector control).
- Fixed "CORE CALLBACK - OPCODE 4" error when displaying context menu for VST plug-ins with no audio outputs.
- Hitting "End" or "PgDown" keys in patcher could scroll the view out of range.
For even more detailed release notes, please read this forum post.