apulSoft has released apEQ, a stereo equalizer/analyzer intended to operate as precisely as possible while letting the user see exactly what is going on.
- 64-bit internal precision.
- 2x and 4x oversampling.
- Unique filter stack feature to improve filter results.
- Output hard- and soft-clipping built in.
- Variable number of filter-bands (up to 64).
- Up to 40 dB gain per filter.
- Independent stereo filtering.
- High resolution FFT analyzer.
- Large analyzer display.
- Graphical editing of filters on top of the analyzer display.
apEQ costs €59 and is available in VST and AU effect formats for Mac OS X Universal Binary (10.4 or better).