Arturia has announced KeyLab Essential, a new range of high performance, good value controller keyboards. Available in both 49-key (€199) and 61-key (€249) models, these playable keyboards also offer comprehensive integration with DAWs and Arturia instruments, streamlined workflow, and a collection of software to get you making music straight out of the box.
To give you an idea of what's possible with KeyLab Essential, watch the video below featuring Laake, an electronic musician from Paris, France. The track was recorded within Ableton Live Lite and all its synth sounds were created with Analog Lab 2 - both of which are included with KeyLab Essential.
- Software Specifications:
- Includes Analog Lab software with 5000 synth sounds.
- Includes Ableton Live Lite - record, layer, and edit your sounds to create a finished song.
- Includes UVI Grand Piano Model D - Sample-based software recreation of Steinway classic.
- Hardware Specifications:
- 61 keys with velocity.
- Controllers: 1 clickable encoder, 9 encoders, 9 30mm faders, 6 transport switches, 4 command switches, 1 modulation wheel, 1 pitch bend wheel, 8 touch and pressure-sensitive pads.
- Connectivity: MIDI out, USB, Sustain pedal.
- Functions as a universal MIDI controller.
- Twin-line LCD screen.
- MCU/HUI control compatibility.
- Chord Play mode.
- Analog Lab 2 integration:
- Select sounds, browse presets, switch parts, smart-assigned controls.
- Standalone or plug-in operation: VST, VST3, AU, AAX.
- Over 5,000 TAE powered preset sounds from Arturia's V Collection.