Following the release of the bus-powered audio interface iD14, the ASP800 offers eight Audient console mic pres, Burr-Brown A-D converters, two discrete JFET instrument inputs and two brand new 'Retro Channels' featuring tone controls HMX and IRON.
HMX is a custom harmonic distortion designed to emulate the sweet, thick tones often associated with 1960s tube designs, whilst Audient's brand new variable British transformer saturator, IRON instantly adds sparkle, replicating the coveted transformer 'zing' of British audio in the 1970s - both giving new dimensions to a recording.
Key features also include Burr-Brown A-D converters, ADAT connectivity, a Word Clock input and balanced analogue line outputs - all in a convenient, 1RU rackmount.
- 8 x World Class Audient Console Mic Pres.
- 2 x Retro Channels with Dual Stage COLOUR Saturation Controls - HMX & IRON.
- 2 x Discrete JFET Instrument Inputs.
- Pristine 118-dB Burr-Brown A-D Converters.
- Balanced Analogue Line Outputs.
- ADAT Output for Expandability.
- Word Clock Input.
- All-Metal Enclosure.
Price: £599 inc VAT or $799 MAP.
Further details - including videos - available on the Audient website.