Blip Interactive has released NanoStudio 2, an all-in-one music production app for iPad.
NanoStudio 2 adheres to the same design principles as its predecessor, but has been completely rewritten for a new generation of mobile music makers.
Designed for end-to-end music production, NanoStudio 2 is designed to take a user from the idea stage to a final master. It can host AUv3 plugins or as a wholly self-contained app by utilizing its built-in instruments and effects.
- Sequencer with unlimited tracks and lanes, automation and tempo/time signature tracks.
- Mixer with arbitrary track grouping/nesting, unlimited insert effect chains, audio/MIDI sends and full latency compensation.
- Synth with 7 different synthesis methods (including multi-samples), 18 filter types and 300+ factory patches.
- Drum pad sampler with 32 pads, 500+ samples (including multi-sampled acoustic drums) and 50+ factory kits.
Built-in effects include algorithmic reverb, sidechain compressor/expander, look-ahead limiter, EQ with spectrum analysis, delay, waveshaper, exciter, chorus, flanger and phaser.
- Hosts Audio Unit (AUv3) instruments and audio/MIDI effects.
- Sample recorder and editor supporting audio files up to 2 hours long.
- File sharing options include iOS Files app, Dropbox, AudioShare and WebDAV.
- Support for Ableton Link.
- Support for multi-channel external audio hardware.
Pricing: €32.99 / £28.99 / $29.99. Extra sound packs available as IAP.
- iPad or iPad Pro running iOS 11.0 or later.