This new plug-in gives access to an unlimited number of non-linear processing models, ranging from harsh digital destruction to smooth analog compression or guitar amp simulation (and it works for clean tones too).
It is delivered with hundreds of presets and predefined models, many of them inspired by real gear. It offers the ability to create completely custom distortion simulations beyond these models, thanks to its flexible yet simple signal processing chain - no need to purchase extra presets or amp models to build the custom tone of your dreams.
Based on a perceptual model rather than on electronic designs or impulse responses, it simplifies the process of tweaking the tone and making it fit into the mix. Thanks to its exclusive adaptive shaper, it is reactive to the playing of instrumentalists, providing a very natural feeling, similar to analog gear.
In order to make the look and feel of the plug-in match the tone, the plug-in is bundled with more than 1400 visual styles that can be selected separately for each module.
The plug-in is currently being demonstrated at the 141st AES Convention in Los Angeles, on booth #410. It will be available for purchase and download on October 11th, delivered as a plug-in in multiple formats for Windows and Mac.
- Powerful distortion and amp modeling tool.
- Simulate any kind of distortion: analog or digital, guitar and bass amps, saturation, clipping, compression, bit crushing...
- Works for "clean" sounds too.
- Get started with several hundreds of fully editable presets, inspired by real gear.
- More than 1400 visual styles to customize the user experience.
- Control the dynamics with the input gate and compressor.
- Control the tone with the pre and post filters.
- Exclusive shape dynamics control: adapt the tone to the dynamics of the signal.
- Use the internal or external side chain to trigger the distortion.
- Protect your ears with the output brickwall limiter.
- Comprehensive visual feedback: real time spectrum analysis, dynamic distortion curve display with embedded signal histograms.
- Load reference curves for tone matching.
- No latency.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.5 or newer.
- PC running Windows XP or newer.
Pricing: Blue Cat's Destructor: 79 EUR or $99 (excl. VAT).