Blue Cat Audio has released a free update for Blue Cat's Plug'n Script, its audio and MIDI scripting software that can be programmed to create your own effects or virtual instruments inside most Digital Audio Workstations (DAW).
This new version of the plug-in brings many performance improvements, especially for native processing scripts, with a new DSP workload meter to measure the performance of the scripts. Plus many new features for programmers, as well as usability enhancements that exported plug-ins can benefit from when re-exported. It also adds Unicode support for Windows, and fixes a couple of issues (full change list below). Native Apple Silicon support (New M1 processor) for both Plug'n Script and exported plug-ins is available as a preview for registered users.
New in Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.31:
- Apple Silicon (M1 processor) support as a preview.
- Arrow keys can now be used to navigate presets, in the main view or in the presets browser.
- Next/Previous preset can now be triggered by MIDI CC commands.
- New DSP workload meter in the status bar.
- Smoother presets switching.
- Improved smooth plug-in bypass.
- Level meters do not use CPU anymore when the user interface is closed.
- Many optimizations for faster GUI loading and reduced memory usage.
- Improved performance for native DSP scripts.
- Improved plug-in loading performance, especially when having many user presets.
- Full Unicode support added to Windows platform.
- New Experimental Xml parser/writer for Angelscript.
- new KUIML actions to display presets or global settings windows: OpenPresetsSettings, OpenGlobalSettings.
- KUIML errors can now be redirected to a log file (log_file_path directive in SKIN).
- KUIML errors display in popup window can be disabled (show_messages="false" in SKIN).
- window.loaded attribute is now properly set to false and sends events when the plug-in window is closed.
- Updated Angelscript filesystem object (fixes several issues with file dates).
- VST3: fixed a GUI update issue when using automation and long buffers in Cubase (parameters values jumping).
- Fixed an issue with random Audio Unit validation failures with exported plug-ins on MacOS older than 10.12.
- Fixed transport info sometimes not properly initialized for exported plug-ins using native DSP.
- Fixed an issue with endValues not properly set when using processBlock in exported plug-ins (Native scripts only).
- Fixed crash when defining actions after using the content attribute in INCLUDE directive.
- Mac: fixed intToString Angelscript function crash.
- Mac: fixed GUI performance issues on native P3 displays and improved performance on other displays.
- Mac: fixed mouse wheel that required large movements to change parameter values.
- Mac: fixed mouse cursor flickering issues.
- Mac: fixed Esc key not closing fine edit parameter dialog.
The update is free for registered customers and can be downloaded from the same location as the original full version (link received by email upon purchase). A special re-introduction price (20% off) is available to new customers until March 15th. Demo versions can be downloaded on www.bluecataudio.com for Mac and PC.
Price: $99 - 79 EUR or $79 until March 15th.