Blue Cat Audio has released an update for all its free plug-ins, with a couple of new features and bug fixes.
The new versions of the 7 free plug-ins improves the interaction with MIDI control surfaces and host applications, and bring several fixes for the VST and VST3 plug-in format (details below). It is a recommended (free) update, fully compatible with the previous versions of the plug-ins. The installers have also been notarized, to prevent warnings on recent MacOS systems.
All these free plug-ins (Blue Cat's Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, FreqAnalyst, Gain Suite, Triple EQ and Free Amp) are available separately or as part of the "Blue Cat's Freeware Pack" bundle. They are 100% free and do not require any registration, dongle, or mailing list subscription. They can be downloaded freely on www.bluecataudio.com.
What's New In All 7 Free Plug-Ins:
- Added an option in global & preset input settings to send MIDI events when MIDI-enabled parameters are modified in the plug-in (to update control surfaces accordingly).
- Improved undo management and automation when using the mouse wheel to move knobs.
- VST: improved parameter value display in some host applications.
- Mac: installers and plug-ins have been notarized to avoid security warnings on Mac OS Catalina and newer.
- Mac: fixed user interface display issues on early versions of MacOS 10.9.
- VST3: fixed some parameter update issues in some hosts.
- Intel or Apple Silicon Mac running Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- PC running Windows Vista or newer.