Blue Cat Audio has updated Blue Cat's Destructor to version 1.2, including new guitar tone presets. The new version of the plug-in mainly brings user interface and workflow enhancements, with a new zoom feature to scale the graphical user interface, improved presets management, Retina displays support and a new installer on Mac. Several bug fixes and other improvements are included as well (full list below).
Also, new free legendary guitar tone presets are available for download from the editor's website. Crafted by guitarist Hans Van Even, they match the tone of famous guitar performances.
New in Blue Cat's Destructor v1.2:
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Default preset now also saves the state of locks (when using "save as user default").
- New installer on Mac.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac.
- Misc performance enhancements.
- VST3: factory presets are not exposed to the host application anymore.
- Fixed: the state of the plug-in was not fully restored when loading presets while bypassed.
- Fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-in formats.
Price: 89 EUR or $89, (instead of 99 EUR or $99) until December 5th. The update is free for existing customers, available from the same location as the original download (link received by email upon purchase). Demo versions are available for new customers.