The new versions have a completely refreshed (zoomable) GUI design, a new background processing implementation with improved precision, VST3 support, and many new features and enhancements. The other four plug-ins mainly bring user interface improvements and bug fixes for the Mac platform (full details below). This is a recommended free upgrade for all registered users.
- Audio analysis is now performed in the background and does not affect audio performance at all.
- FreqAnalyst Pro: FFT precision now goes up to 11.
- StereoScope Pro: new "Stereo Spread" measurement that shows how the signal is spread in the stereo field.
- Refreshed GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
- Save each memory curve as a file that can be reloaded later as a reference.
- Copy and paste memory curves between instances using the system clipboard.
- Factory and user skins can now be selected directly from the plug-in menu.
- VST: the user interface is now properly resized in Cubase on Windows.
- New installer on Mac.
- Brand new presets management system.
- Presets can now be selected using MIDI Program change and bank select messages (can be activated with the presets menu/MIDI Program Change item).
- Copy/paste the plug-in's current state from the presets menu using the system clipboard.
- Now compatible with MacOS Catalina and Big Sur.
- VST3 plug-in format support.
- Audio Suite support for offline analysis in Pro Tools.
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-ins formats.
- What's New For Other Plug-Ins:
- New high resolution graphics for knobs.
- Reduced disk footprint.
- Mac: fixed GUI performance issues on native P3 displays and improved performance on other displays.
- Mac: fixed mouse wheel that required large movements to change parameter values.
- Mac: fixed mouse cursor flickering issues.
- Mac: fixed Esc key not closing fine edit parameter dialog.
- Oscilloscope Multi plug-in: 34 EUR/USD instead of 49 (30% off) until December 5th.
- Other Individual plug-ins: 69 EUR/USD instead of 99 (30% off) until December 5th.
- Analysis Pack (6 plug-ins): 239 EUR/USD instead of 299 (20% off) until December 5th.
For new customers, a special re-introduction price (up to 30% off) is available until December 5th, and other Blue Cat Audio customers are being sent special offers by email. Demo versions can be downloaded on www.bluecataudio.com, in most popular plug-in formats for Mac and PC.