Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat's Protector, a stereo brickwall limiter plug-in in DirectX and VST formats for Windows. This new plug-in offers very few controls and yet provides a large palette of sounds: from very transparent limiting to hard digital clipping or soft analogue saturation, it can be used as a master limiter, loudness maximizer or distortion unit.
The plug-in is available on its own or within the Blue Cat's Master Pack plug-ins bundle. A demo version is available for download and the product can be purchased at a special introductory price - €49.56 (instead of €59) or $74.76 (instead of $89).
- 0 dB stereo brickwall peak limiter and waveshaper.
- Continuous control of the dynamics response from transparent limiting to colorful distortion.
- Stereo link control.
- Large audio levels and gain reduction meters for optimal monitoring.
- Side chaining capability: a unique way to perform side chain compression and much more.
- Plugin window transparency management.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Import/Export presets and share them between the directX and VST versions.
- Zero latency.