boxsounds has released s16, a step sequencer VSTi for Windows. s16 is free but donations are welcomed.
- Loads a single WAV sample for the sixteen steps.
- Controls for each step: direction, octave, semitone, fine, attack, decay, release, filt amt, pan and volume.
- 4 Divisions (1/2, 1/4, 1/8 or 1/16).
- 4 step choices (2, 4, 8 or 16).
- Program/pattern can be chosen on the GUI, from the host's patch change, or via MIDI (note-on C2-B4).
- Global release and volume.
- 4 LFOs with a 4x10 matrix.
- Filter (BP, BR, HP, LP and moog).
- Delay with separate filter and distortion.
- Fully automatable (24 parameters).