Boxsounds has released Replacer; a VST plug-in for Windows designed to replace drum and percussive sounds with other samples. Basically, it is comprised of a band-pass filter which selects the relevant frequency of the sound required to be replaced; the peak amplitudes at this frequency then trigger chosen sample/s. The samples can be 16 or 24-bit PCM Wave files recorded at any sample rate.
- 24dB band-pass filter.
- Simple gate.
- Visual and audio monitoring section.
- 4 sample layers (full version).
- Sample start and end adjustment.
- Accent amount and smooth (attempts to replicate the dynamics of the original trigger sound).
- Sample ADR envelope with amount control.
- Sample pitch control.
Replacer is available in two versions:
- replacer ltd: a limited version which does not require a donation; it has only one sample layer as opposed to four.
- The full version: donation required - no minimum amount.