Released in 1986, this old-school 12-bit drum machine includes 18 sounds, 4 expansion ROM card slots, and the ability to install an expansion board for sampling. Each sound has independent decay and pitch controls. The pitch control has a range somewhere between 12 and 13 semitones and makes some notes sound out of tune.
Onboard sounds include acoustic drum kit and percussion.
KDDD Sample Library includes all onboard sounds and additional sounds from rare Latin and Bass ROM expansion cards.
- each semitone was recorded and edited for each of the 32 sounds;
- 3 Round Robin for each note;
- 4 sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz;
- 1200+ 24-bit WAV samples for each of 4 sample rates;
- no sample rate conversion was used;
SoundFont bank contain 44.1 kHz / 16-bit samples.
- 12 second loop of analog digital noise.
A free demo with a limited set of samples is already available for download. The full version will be available in late 2020 / early 2021.