Cinematique Instruments has released Rytmik, a beat engine that delivers a collection of sounds and beats for cinematic percussion, cue scoring, electro, hip hop or industrial.
Rytmik is a great tool for instant rhythmic inspiration which provides endless flexibility to find a unique language for the music you're writing.
Rytmik is fed by over 200 drum and FX sounds that CI collected and created. Special attention was paid to massive booms and organic ensembles as well as to urban and unique sounds used for chasing cue or as ghost beats and finally to long FX sounds for creating wide and deep textures.
The most important features:
- 350 Beats: You get 350 instant beats divided in 50 main themes, 65 production beats, 55 chasing cues, 145 score patterns and 45 textures from electro/hip hop to scoring/cinematic and industrial. By using the 3 selection filter 'Style', 'Energy' and 'Color' you can easily narrow down your result.
- 200+ Sounds: You get massive booms and percussion ensemble hits, but also regular bass drum, toms, snares, cymbals and ethnic drums as well as urban and electronic sounds and unique fx slices.
- No Audio Loops: All beats are real-time generated by a 32 step sequencer with up to 24 tracks. This gives you access to your beat at any time, both in the changes of the individual beats and in the tempo and expression of it.
- Real-time Recording: That is unique - never heard of live recording into Kontakt. You can create or edit/ add your beat by pressing a recording button. You can traditionally draw your notes into the grid.
- Beat Fragments Playing: To create the greatest possible variation, it is also possible to play all parts of each beat individually as your "own" beat.
- Shifting Beats: You are able to shift either the entire beat or individual tracks forward or backward.
- Playback: Rytmik plays its beat by pressing a key or a play button. You can also play individual tracks/ fragments of the whole beat separately.
- Zoom: Each track can be displayed in big-size format with lots of options.
- Group Load: You get the option to fill completely a single group (5-7 tracks) directly with sounds that are arranged according to a special themes like 'Bass Drums', 'Acoustics', 'Low End', 'Hits' or 'Tonal', etc.
- Real time sound shaping: Free programmable behaviour of lots of fx parameters such as velocity, volume, reverb send, LoFi, distortion and low or high pass filters - all controlled by free assignable controller. And guess what? This works in real- time.
- Load/ Save: You can load or save your own beats on external destinations.
Price: 170€ (excl. VAT).
Scoring with Rytmik: YouTube.com/watch?v=P6yU7o0tYD0