Dash Synthesis have released daHornet, a virtual analogue synth VSTi for Windows. daHornet costs $29.95 and a demo version is available, which has just been updated to now allow 30 minutes of use!
"The clone of a sheep is an identical sheep, the clone of a wasp is an identical wasp. But the hornet is a bigger cousin of a wasp, the hornet buzz is louder and deeper than the cheesy wasp noise. We analysed its robust wings to discover the secrets of that fat buzz."
- Two oscillators, 4 octaves selector, output level, saw and pulse waveforms, pulse width control on Osc 1, fine tuning up to 1 octave on Osc 2.
- Noise generator.
- One LFO with:
- Rate from 0.1 to 100 Hz.
- MIDI sync from 32/4 to 1/36.
- Filter cutoff and Osc pitch destinations.
- 6 shape modes, sample&hold.
- Multimode "vintage" resonant filter with key following function, LP,BP,HP.
- Two envelope generators, VCA and Filter control, with REPEAT function (loop the envelope).
- Polyphonic mode (2 to 16 voices) and mono legato mode with tunable glide effect.
- MIDI learn on every knob to freely assign any MIDI CC.
- MIDI velocity sensitivity adjustable independently for VCA and Filter envelope.
- Master volume.
- Master tuning.
- Virtual keyboard with hide/show button.
- 128 presets factory bank.
- Random presets generator.
- Saving default setting on registry option.
- Any Sample Rate supported (e.g: 44.1, 48, 96)
- Support for SSE, MMX and P4 instructions.
- Volume Type: High, Normal, Soft.