farbrausch has released a new and improved version 1.5 of its V2 synthesizer system with many additional features and a better sound. It provides more integration into your own programs and it's even faster (a full list of changes isn't available...).
It is available in two packages:
- The content creation tools (for musicians and .werkkzeug users): this package contains the V2 synthesizer in VSTi (Windows) and Buzz machine form as well as a WinAMP plugin that allows you to listen to your V2 songs in a comfortable manner.
- The libv2 (for programmers): the V2 synthesizer and player as static library for easy including into your own programs. Contains an example project which not only shows how to use libv2 but also is a great lesson in getting your Win32 executables small.
- Available as single voice VSTi.
- A vaguely moog-ish filter type has been implemented.
- A DC offset bug in the distortion unit has been fixed.
- Per voice hard-reset, the presets and songs really sound the same each time you play them.
- Global parameters can be modulated now.
- New modulation-source: note.
- Adjust the colors/appearance to your liking.
- Multi-timbral version only: two aux busses have been added.