FASoft has announced the release of n-Track Studio v6.0. n-Track Studio now costs $64; owners of a previous version can upgrade for $34.
What's new in n-Track Studio v6.0
- Realtime crossfade between parts overlapped in timeline, crossfade option in timeline popup menu.
- RMS Level meters, with RMS+Peak option and support for K-System metering. Allows for more accurate metering of audio loudness and enables monitoring using Bob Katz K-System, with presets for K-12, K-14 and K-20).
- Signal Path View window (Shows a realtime representation of the routing of audio signals in the audio engine, enables to intuitively alter signal routing parameters and connections).
- Support for Wave64 file format (Support for wave files that have length that exceeds the 2 Gb limitation of regular .wav files, using either .wav or .w64 extensions).
- The program no longer requires Microsoft .NET to be installed and the 'Enable Microsoft .Net' setting in Preferences/Option can be disabled so that n-Track will not use .NET even if it is installed on the computer (a few UI features will be then disabled such as the Navigator window).
- Duplicate waveform dragging while holding down Windows key.
- Per part volume knob in part properties box (that appears double clicking on waveform). Volume adjustment is visually to waveform.
- Dragging a waveform beyond the end loops the wave file.
- Angled edges of waveform frame, more angled when waveform end is open or looped.
- Volume Envelopes: "Click adds node" toggle option to avoid inadvertently adding envelope nodes. When "Click adds node" is disabled "Add node" must be selected from popup menu.
- Volume Envelopes: when "Click adds node" is disabled mouse drags envelope segments.
- Volume Envelopes: set selected node to Maximum, Center, Minimum context menu commands.
- Volume Envelopes: text entering of selected node value.
- When skin doesn't contain a button in multiple-buttons image files (e.g. ntrck4.bmp) program reverts missing button to default button in default skin image file.
- Color of track name text in left track bar customizable via Skin dialog box.
- Mixer Sliders customization based on slider type: "Track_Audio", "Track_MIDI", "Master", "Aux", "Group", "Instrument", "ReWire", "Surround_Output" with "SendVolume" for send sliders (e.g. Slider0Track_AudioSendVolume.png, Slider0MasterDown.png, SliderHover0Track_MIDI.png, SliderDown0Instrument.png).
- Track EQ window Minimize-Maximize button in place of "Show All EQ Controls" popup menu command.
- Removed odd 'Create also an [Mp3/Wma/Ogg] version in Mixdown dialog box and moved output format selection in Save As file selection dialog box.
- Toolbar button to toggle the 'Song Comments' window.
- "Open Containing Folder" option in audio file right click context menu.
- Wave file sizes are now expressed in Gb, Mb or Kb depending on size instead of always Kb.
- Multiple external wave editors can be defined in the Settings/Preferences/Paths dialog box.
- Transport buttons (Play, Rec etc.) can now have custom width defined in Skin.xml.
- Improved program startup time.
- Fixed Mixdown dialog box asking twice if you want to overwrite destination file.
- Fixed mixer stripe selection toolbar and mixer buttons not updating when skin is changed.
- Fixed crash when importing MIDI files that have erroneous or corrupt information (e.g. some files exported by Hydrogen drum machine).
- Fixed 'Revert to last zoom' button having no action after 'Zoom All' command.
- Fixed 'Voice-level activated recording' sometimes getting stuck always recording. Now it also disable 'auto-scroll timeline' (Ctrl+T).
- Fixed graphic redraw problem on Windows Vista of lower portion of CD Burn window.
- Fixed problem in CD Burn and Sampling Frequency Conversion window multiple-file file requester dialog box.