Sundog is a standalone composition software for Windows and Mac OS X that connects to any DAW via MIDI. With Sundog it is possible to develop new chord progressions, melodies, basslines, and arpeggios within minutes. All songs can be exported as standard MIDI files.
Sundog Scale Studio 2.0 adds many new usability features and provides an even faster workflow than before.
The most important changes:
- Song parts: Create multiple song parts and chain them to songs - or experiment with different verse variations and chord progressions.
- Show chord tension: Quickly see which chords are harmonic or mildly dissonant. Build and release tension in your progressions easily.
- New input editor: Precise control over tone heights and triggered sequences. Useful to draw harmonic scale melodies.
- Focus areas: "Intelligent" copy and paste actions on patterns, sequences, song parts, and chords.
- Many new patterns: Over 150 patterns included.
- Use your own default song as a base.
- Built-in offline help.
- New demo songs to get you started quickly (also with polyrhythmic and polymetric examples).
The main new features can be seen in this short video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuuXz7eHO3E
The update is free for all existing customers of Sundog Scale Studio.
Normal price: 39 EUR / $45.
Introductory price: 29 EUR / $35 (valid until 2015-04-28).
The demo is available here: feelyoursound.com/sundog