Tone2 audio has announced the forthcoming release of the Saurus2 virtual analog synthesizer plugin for Windows and Mac OS X. It will cost €99 / $119. The release date has not yet been announced.
Here's what they say:
Saurus2 can do an authentic emulation of analog synthesizers. It covers all important aspects of popular analog synthesizers, but without adopting the disadvantages.
Saurus2 is easy to use and comes with a comfortable interface. It offers a large sonic range, a very precise analog emulation and a flexible synthesis engine.
Saurus2 offers high sound quality, but without placing heavy demands on the CPU or budget.
- Authentic emulation of analog synths: True Analog Modeling Technology.
- Covers all important aspects of analog synthesizers, but without adopting the disadvantages.
- Highest sound quality.
- Can replace a large number of expensive analog synthesizers.
- Low CPU and high reliability.
- Comfortable and easy-to-use interface.
- Large sonic range.
- Flexibility, expandability.
- Ships with 830 presets from 22 professional sound designers.
- Analog filter with self-oscillation, FM and feedback.
- Very fast LFOs and punchy envelopes.
- Powerful arpeggiator.
- Many different play modes: Mono, legato, glide, poly, stack, autochord.
- 4x stereo unison.
- High quality effects section.
- Analog modeled distortion and tube amp.
What's New In Saurus2
- Enhanced sound quality because the synthesis engine has been completely reworked.
- Over 260 additional patches.
- Completely reworked all existing factory sounds.
- Added a comfortable patch browser.
- More detailed emulation of the 'analog' sound. The degree of analog behavior is now selectable.
- Enhanced graphics.
- More comfortable user interface.
- A large number of further new features and enhancements.
- Saurus2 is 100% downward compatible with all previous versions.
What's New In Detail
- Added a comfortable patch browser with a keyboard which can be opened by clicking 'BROWSE'.
- Added a 'Config' menu which allows to set the degree of analog behavior.
- Additional LowCut equalizer.
- Additional HighCut equalizer.
- Added a new play mode 'Stack' which plays the autochord defined in 'Arp Key Mode'.
- 14 additional 'Sine' LFOs as matrix source.
- 4 additional chord modes which play thirds for the arpeggiator.
- The patches can be ranked by clicking on the stars in the patch browser.
- Keyboard can be hidden with 'Config->hide keyboard'.
- The degree of analog noise modeling can be selected between 'none' and 'extreme'.
- The degree of analog drift can be selected between 'light' and 'extreme'.
- Added a smart microtuning algorithm. 'Fat tune' delivers more harmonic and transparent chords.
- The degree of analog saturation can be selected between 'linear' and 'extreme'.
- The degree of analog OSCs damping can be selected between 'light damp' and 'heavy'.
- An analog sounding default patch can be initialized with 'File->Init analog patch'.
- A digital sounding default patch can be initialized with 'File->Init digital patch'.
- Modwheel and pitchwheel are auto-assigned on patch initialisation.
- The OSCs and filters can emulate the noise created by analog circuits.
- The OSCs can emulate the saturation of analog amplifiers.
- The voices and filters can emulate drift and voice detuning.
- Replaced oscillators with more 'analog' sounding ones.
- Boost mode sounds more 'analog' and smooth.
- Replaced Reverb with a better sounding algorithm.
- More accurate high frequencies of 'Delay' and 'PingPong' effect.
- More 'analog' behavior of 'drift'.
Enhanced GUI & Interface:
- Information about the current patch is shown in 'info' tab of the patch browser.
- Rendering with ambient occlusion for a more realistic look.
- More comfortable saving of patches on PC.
- LCD displays have more contrast and are more easy to read.
- Keyboard is now animated.
- Added mouseover support: Values are displayed when mouse is hovered over them.
- Mousewheel support (if host supports it).
- Mac version now also supports waveform selection by clicking on diodes.
Further Enhancements and Changes:
- Better host compatibility.
- More robustness.
- More comfortable installer.
- Less demo restrictions.
- Patches can be initialized in demo version.
- Extended demo timeout.