H. G. Fortune has announced the release of AlioNoctis, a new synth VST instrument for Windows that combines many of the benefits from H. G. Fortune's ProtoPlasm, STS and Atonoise plug-ins with the ease of use many still love from the STS-21. Sound-wise it goes beyond all the aforementioned plug-ins with vivid atmos, complex textures and pads but also some rhythmic sounds, all of which can be enriched by the "out-of-this-world" flavour of the "Inferno", "Spooks" and "Bass Enhancer" features.
- Three digital PCM-wave oscillators powered by 128 selectable waveforms.
- 3rd oscillator with 8 slot wave-morphing selectable.
- Oscillator Mix via X/Y Pad and various modulations.
- Two resonant filters (24db Lowpass and 12db Highpass).
- Three ADSR-style envelope generators.
- "Inferno" for adding generated upper harmonics.
- "Spook" 1 & 2 effects with X/Y Pad and various modulations.
- Super Modulation X/Y Control Pad to modulate up to 10 destinations simultaneously.
- LFO Section with 7 LFOs plus one Sample & Hold; most with BPM synced tempo and key sync.
- Very efficient Bass Enhancer.
- 8 dedicated Lazy buttons.
- Straightforward and easy access editing on the GUI.
Pricing & Availability
AlioNoctis Pro costs €36 but is available for the introductory price of €29 until April 15th, 2009. A fully functional free version with a reduced feature set is available.