SampleTank 2 has been completely redesigned to create "the most advanced sample based sound workstation ever made". "A unique, powerful plug-in with a wide range of exclusive, revolutionary features that set it apart from other samplers or sound modules, SampleTank 2 is a giant step for sampling technology".
SampleTank 2 features:
- 3 synth engines: exclusive STRETCH (SampleTank Time REsynthesys TeCHnology) and pitch-shift/time-stretch synthesis, in addition to traditional resampling synthesis.
- Lighting fast access to the richest, widest, most realistic sound range ever produced by software or hardware instruments.
- Thousands of native sounds already available, plus the ability to import unlimited WAV, AIFF, SDII, AKAI, and SAMPLECELL files.
- 32 built-in award-winning effects.
- 16 multitimbral layerable parts.
- Full synth-sampler engine control.
- Plus single-sample editing, loop sync, portamento, keywords search, and loads more...
- Read the full details here.
SampleTank 2 supports VST, Audio Unit, DXi, Pro Tools and MAS in Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows XP and will be available in 2 models:
- SampleTank 2 XL - 8CDs of sounds with 1500 sounds and more than 4.5 GB of samples, 8 CDs, $/€499
- SampleTank 2 L - 4CDs of sounds with 500 sounds and more than 2GB of samples, 4 CDs, $/€299
There will be 2 upgrades, all to XL (must be a registered ST1 user to be eligible):
- SampleTank 2 DJ, L, XL 1 to XL2 , 8CDs, $/€249
- SampleTank 2 SE (002 bundle), LE 1 to XL2 , 8CDs, $/€349
Users who have registered SampleTank 1 DJ, L or XL since 1st May 2003 will be able to download a FREE special upgrade to SampleTank 2.
The product is expected to ship by the end of August.
Detailed information and sound examples can be found here.