Intua has announced the upcoming Q2 release of BeatMaker 3 for iOS.
Here's what they say:
BeatMaker 3's digital audio workstation provides versatility ideal for both on-the-go production and more complex MIDI/audio studio setups. Suited for both amateurs and professional users, BeatMaker 3 emphasises the strengths of its predecessors while taking the future of music composition to the next level.
BeatMaker 3's ability to integrate with both MIDI hardware and the music app ecosystem makes it a powerful tool in any musician's arsenal.
A list of partial features confirmed in the forthcoming app includes:
- Compose with high quality instruments & loops, integrated in a powerful and streamlined DAW.
- Design your own instruments using a state of the art sampling engine with modularity (multi-layer, live slice mode, realtime time-stretching/pitch-shifting, Audio Units V3/IAA, full modulation system, ...).
- Powerful integration of MIDI hardware to control the app and its instruments in a unique way (MIDI actions, parameter macros, ...).
- Arrange songs with instruments & audio tracks.
- Play live, remix or sketch ideas with a powerful scene mode.
- Export, share, and expand your library with soundpacks designed by the best sound design companies.
Read an extensive feature list at intua.net
BeatMaker 3 will be exclusively available on the App Store and is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It features an in-app sound store that provides high quality instruments and loop packs in multiple genres.