Kotkas releases Paax 2
Version 2.0 of Paax, the FREE VSTi sampler for Windows from Kotkas Software, has been released. A full feature version will also be released soon.
- Up to 128 presets per bank.
- Up to 84 splits per preset and 8 dual velocity-layers (16 samples) per split.
- 64 simultaneous voices.
- This version can load 8/16 bit mono/stereo wav files, but it can play native banks with 24/32 bit wavs (or embedded samples).
- Low CPU consumption.
- RAM save scheme (only active presets samples are loaded at one time).
- Low aliasing resampling technology, 32 bit audio engine.
- 3 envelope controls (DAHDSR) per preset: amplitude, pitch and filter cutoff.
- 3 configurable LFOs per preset: tremolo, vibrato and filter cutoff with optional delay.
- All envelopes and oscillators can be synchronized to MIDI tempo.
- Plays native banks, even those featuring the new Micro-Granular pitch-shifting option for transposing sounds without affecting duration/timbre (available in upcoming "Paax 2 Pro" version).
- New bank format offers choice for embedded or referenced samples.
- Capable of importing SoundFonts (.sf2) and AKAI S5000/6000 programs (.akp)
- Fully automatable.
- VST 2.3 compatible.