LinPlug has announced the release of the RMV Drum Addiction Drum Synthesizer, Drum Sampler, Audio Loop Slicer and Drum Librarian for Windows (XP & Vista). The Mac OS X version is scheduled for release later this autumn.
RMV is the result of many years of investigation and programming and a huge step forward from its predecessor, the RM IV.
The license fee is $179 / €139 including more than 10,000 individual drum sounds, partly pre-compiled to 340 kits, more than 1,500 pre sliced Audio Loops, mainly from Frank Yenox Neumann, and 2,600 MIDI Grooves, partly from Groove Monkee, plus a 150 page manual in English (soon also in French and Italian). The upgrade from RM IV and RM III and is $79 / €59.
The main features of RMV are:
- 48 polyphonic Percussion Pads for the universal or one of the more than 10 specialized Drum Synthesizers or a powerful Drum Samplers.
- Six independent Audio Loop Modules with up to 64 slices each.
- Each Percussion Pad and each Slice features all common and many in depth editing parameters, ranging from Volume, Pan, Output Selection, Tune over Modulation Matrix, LFO's and Envelopes to Insert Effects and EQ's.
- Each Pad and Slice can belong to one of 10 Edit Groups (parameters for all Pads or Slices in a Group can be adjusted simultaneously).
- 3 insert effects racks each of which can be set to one of nine different effects units.
- A "Varizer" for unbeaten realistic humanizing.
- Almost all instrument parameters are MIDI controllable.
- Each Sampler module can hold up to 30 samples that can be layered, velocity switched or -crossfaded and with parameters for start, end, delay and more.
- The Sampler and each Slicer also features a pitch and amplitude envelope.
- The Library contains a vast selection of partly multi sampled acoustic and electronic kits, synthesized kits and MIDI (partly from Groove Monkee) and Audio Loops.
- Four specialized "Librarians" offer sophisticated search capabilities and are used for the storage and retrieval of various types of data that the RMV supports: Pads (individual drum sounds), Kits, MIDI Grooves and Audio Loops.
- Samples can be imported using the RMV Sample Browser (supporting favourite folders and pre-listening.
- Samples, Pads, Kits, Grooves and Loops can be browsed while the instrument is playing.
- Each Pad and each Slice has access to three individual Insert Effects, a four band EQ and two out of three Send Effects Racks.
- Each Send Effect Rack can hold up to 3 individual effects and a final four band EQ.
- Each Insert / Send can hold one of these Effects Units: Stereo Delay, Filter-Delay, Reverb, WahWah, Flanger, Compressor, Multimode Filter, Bit Crusher, Gator.
- 6 fully independent Audio Loop Slicers / Players are available.
- Each Audio Loop can have up to 64 Slices.
- Each Loop Player can be used to load and playback audio loops in WAV, AIF, REX and REX2 format. Samples are automatically sliced.
- Slice start and end points as well as automatic slicing sensitivity are user-definable.
- Each slice has vast editing capabilities (like filters, envelopes, modulations, effects, individual output etc.).