The following list includes changes to Metro, Metro SE and Metro LX. Some changes may not be applicable to specific products.
- Improved Tiger compatibility.
- Archive menu has been changed to 'Track Operations' which now includes Freeze, Group Freeze, Thaw, Group and Ungroup Tracks.
- Freeze, Group Freeze, and Thaw. Freeze converts soft-synth (or audio) tracks and all of their automation into a single audio track and groups the original tracks. Freeze converts each soft-synth (or audio) track and all of their automation into a single audio track. Tracks are saved with a .frz extension.
- Prior to 6.3, MIX was rendering all soft-synths regardless of selection! After 6.3 only selected tracks will be included in the mix. This makes it more consistent with audio tracks.
- Playback Scrolling option called edit mode. When in edit mode windows will not change pages.
- Chord progressions. Progressions can be managed with the library functions save, delete and insert.
- Ultra Rhythm Explorer. This updated Rhythm Explorer will automatically create intelligent drum beats, bass lines and guitar rhythms. It also has the ability to insert notes, record multiple patterns to a track and even insert a random chord progression from your chord progression library.
- Group Tracks.
- Chord names are automatically parsed while typing in markers.
- Marker times are now quantized based on the note quantization settings when created.
- Markers can now be copied from the marker window and pasted (or merged) from any data window.
- Core Audio Device output names to are now written to Metro documents.
- The 4 cue points are now saved in each section.
- The jukebox now converts files to MP3, MP4, Ogg, etc. in the order they are displayed in the jukebox window.
- Setting track loops no longer requires playback to be stopped first.
- Rewire support for publishing tempo and time signature to rewire slaves.
- Chord within Markers are now transposable.
- The tracks contextual popup has been expanded to include more items such as 'Track Operations', 'Mix or Render', 'Export track' and more.
For a complete list of bug fixes please see this post in the Metro support forum.