MIA Laboratories has released the 925 Compressor plug-in in AAX / AU / VST2 / VST3 format, Windows and macOS, at the introductory price of $89.
The 925 Compressor is MIA Laboratories' preferred main mix compressor. Designed using physical modelling principles, and based around the classic 'feed-back' topology in hardware circuit-design.
A sidechain detection stage is based on the basic analog envelope detector circuit, with key design features also including:
- Variable knee response, allowing more compression to be applied, especially on high-transient sounds like percussion, samples, vocals, Etc.
- Logarithmic gain reduction, since the ear's sense of sound level is roughly logarithmic.
When used in extreme settings on sounds with long sustain, the 925 Compressor can produce a desirable distortion effect. This happens when due to the high speed of the detector, input signals follow the actual waveform instead of the envelope of the program material.
The 925 offers the user full control of a very broad range of compression characteristics, especially suited for main-mix applications but also buss-mix or multiple separate channels with program-dependent processing.
- Stereo Link Operation: In "Stereo Link" mode the same amount of compression is applied to both L/R channels, based on the sum of the two. With Stereo Link disabled, compression takes place independently for each channel, whilst retaining common controls for both.
- External Sidechain: Use any other channel of your mix as an input to the side-chain of MIA 925 Compressor, or to process the sidechain signal independently of the program material. Note we have not included any filtering process to the sidechain path in order to provide flexibility in the eq or filters used externally.
- Output Level / Gain Reduction Meters: Very fast and detailed display, to give you an accurate and clear perception of the compression process.
- MIA Presets: The 925 offers a modest collection of carefully designed MIA Presets, to achieve quick and balanced results, or to act as a perfect kick start towards your desired result.
Introductory Promo: $89 through February 29th, 2020 (Reg. $199).