The Mix Challenge competitions start off with two games this month.
The following challenges are currently open to compete in:
- Mix Challenge #089:
- Have the chance to work on a Progressive Rock production.
- Deadline: 21st of December.
- Songwriting Competition #064:
- The theme being "Out the window".
- Create a production in any music genre you feel like (fitting to the given premise).
- Deadline: 24th of December.
Prizes will be awarded to the Winners Podium. Among them (selection): Acon Digital, Cherry Audio, Ghostwave Audio, Hollow Sun, Hornet Plugins, IK Multimedia, JRR Sounds, kv331 audio, Luftrum, Metric Halo, Musiclab, NOS Audio, Nugen Audio, Rekkerd Sounds, Satyatunes Graphic and Sound Design and Tone2.
Parallel to the competition in November, the Mix Challenge community is collecting sounds and samples for the upcoming Songwriting Competition in January 2023, called "Community Scramble", where it is only allowed to use these community sourced samples as main sound starting point. Participants can however mangle this material through re-sampling, modulation, wavetable synthesis or similar. A limited additional instrument usage like a guitar or bass is allowed, as long as the recording is heavily altered in some shape or form:
- Songwriting Competition - Community Scramble:
- Sound and sample collection for SWC065/January 2023.
- Deadline: 24th of December 2022.