Music Technology Group (Pompeu Fabra University) has released the second beta version of Audio Scanner, a real-time VST plug-in for audio separation.
- Voice removal: Mute lead voices to allow singing over backing track (i.e. for karaoke).
- Musical analysis of recordings: Isolate riffs and solos in a song; listen carefully to single instrument performances and find out what effects they use.
- Remixing: Extract sounds from your favourite songs; copy them into different tracks; create personal remixes.
- Pan filter: Extract sounds with different panning.
- Phase-difference filter: Extract sounds without stereo reverberation.
- Frequency filter: Extract frequency bands.
- Dual operation mode (solo/mute): Choose whether to listen or mute the selected sounds.
Audio Scanner beta 2 is available for download as a VST effect for Windows. The price of the full version has not yet been announced.