SKnote has released an alpha version of Grainz, a new granular / hybrid synth VSTi for Windows.
- Two granular oscillators: Loads mono .WAV files and "granulizes" them. From sample playing to complete destruction. Position, grain width, grain fade-out, single-shot/loop, position LFO.
- One physical modeled "string" oscillator (plucked, bowed): Plucking/bowing position, pickup position, stiffness, damp.
- Multi-stage drag-able envelopes for amplitude, grain position, filter frequency.
- Granular -> physical modeled oscillators interaction. From resonance to weird effects
- Multi-mode resonant filters with resonance and "action" control.
- "Spread" effects.
- Pre-post-filter delay lines with feedback. Separate send for each oscillator.
Grainz is free and is provided with 20 WAVs. However, SKnote has also organized a "Collab-ware" Granular Library project - if you contribute some WAVs to the library you will get access to the whole library in return.