Ohm Force has announced the imminent release of its latest creation, Ohmicide:Melohman, in February.
Based on Predatohm's design, Ohmicide:Melohman is organized around up to four frequency bands, each of them coming with their own Noise Gate, Dynamic, Distortion, Feedback Generator and all mixing abilities with just a twist of pre- and post-processing (distort input, high shelf output...).
The DSP is 100% different from Predatohm: the compressor/expander works differently to fit well with both the very sharp Noise Gate and the huge amount of new distortions. Those are at the core of Ohmicide. They're designed to offer pretty much everything you can think of next to a lot of things you can't. Some, like the tasty "Porridge" distortion sounds deliciously analog, while the "Fractal" one is harsh and digital as hell. Or you've got the very dense "Accumulator" that can add low harmonics instead of high.
All of these distortions are mainly new breeds - yet the classics are also covered. They all are declined (?) in three variations: normal, ampsim and odd. The "Odd" one gives you control over the harmonics frequency and allows for slightly detuned distortion. Last but not least, Ohm Force has added a disto type that was missing from Predatohm... No distortion. It was an absolute need, considering how many things can be done just by using the multiband dynamics!
Predatohm addicts will be happy to know that not only does Ohmicide:Melohman include a feedback generator on each band, but that it can be spread in stereo.
Already known to Symptohm:Melohman and Minimonsta:Melohman users, Melohman is a set of features dedicated to live action. It allows you to morph between presets or randomize the sound in an intuitive, organic way. Just plug a MIDI keyboard in to your computer and play notes to go from one sound to another at a velocity sensitive speed.
For the first time it is included on an effect. Testing shows good results for anything that involves live mix/remix as well as being efficient in a production situation. Also used in a MIDI pattern logic it's a very powerful tool for loop manglers.
Ohmicide:Melohman launches a brand new design line for Ohm Force products. Only one skin! However they may deliver variations in the future.
Things to know about the interface:
- Pre-rendered in 3D (sorry, no real fancy hardware to play with. Your fingers would be too big anyway).
- Improved graphic libraries with motion blur on the knobs. Not an "in your face" improvement but important for the look'n'feel.
- Extra legend appears when you select a parameter.
- All-in-one view (no panels).
- Real time monitoring of input and output spectrum for accurate reading of "what the hell is happening?".
- Graphical feedback on each band. Spectacular when using Melohman.
- Pop up scary pictures of Plum Force at launch (Let's hope not!).
Ohmicide:Melohman will be released in February 2007 for Mac OS X Universal Binaries (VST, AU, RTAS) and Windows (VST). The Windows RTAS version will come later. Shipping is exclusively via download on www.ohmforce.com.
There are two license options:
- Single License version: €79. Includes a single platform only (but the customer gets to choose it).
- Pack version: €99. Includes all platforms (including future ones).
Ohm Force Bundles have all been updated to incorporate Ohmicide:Melohman:
- New "ALL DISTORTIONS" bundle, with Predatohm and Ohmicide:Melohman included: €139. Predatohm's owners can use this bundle to cohmplete to Ohmicide:Melohman at a reduced price.
- Upgrade of the "ALL FX" bundle so that it also includes Ohmicide:Melohman. Price will change from €399 to €475.
- Upgrade of the "ALL ALL" bundle so it also includes Ohmicide:Melohman. Price will change from €549 to €615.
Owners of these bundles will be allowed to cohmplete to upgraded versions at an attractive price.