Pluggotic has released ToyBoy for Kontakt, a ROMpler sampled from four toy keyboards. 64 PCM instruments can be played, and edited through two twin layers with multimode filtering, envelopes, retriggered LFOs and FXs.
ToyBoy features several pianos, brasses, strings and keyboards, tuned and detuned synths, percussion instruments like celesta, kalimba, vibes, bells, music boxes, xylophones as well as choir, Hawaiian guitar, telephone tones, distorted guitar and pizzicato strings.
All instruments can be played raw, edited, filtered, detuned, and enhanced with 5 built in effects. ToyBoy is designed to fit into nostalgia, lo-finess, indiepopwave etudes, soundtracks, and all kinds of electronic music.
- 64 raw lo-fi instruments, 30 looped. 584 16-bit / 44.1 waves, 152MB.
- Varied sampling range for each keyboard, all sounds mapped to 5 octaves.
- 5 effects, from cabinet and modulations to 9 sampled stereo reverbs.
- Arpeggiator and quick tweaks section.
- Host-automated controls & MIDI-learn.
- Presets, 64 naked/original and 64 categorized presets (arp/key/pad).
ToyBoy is bundled with ToyBeat, all drums, percussion, and sound effects from the four toy-keyboards in one instrument.
- 40 raw lo-fi editable parts, 73 16-bit44100 waves, 9MB.
- Three master effects, including reverb from ToyBoy.
- Manual or MIDI-controlled user interface.
- Host-automated controls with MIDI-learn.
- 40 MIDIloops from Pluggotic DeeDeeTee.