PowerFX has released Hoodtronica, which is described as "a one-stop production pack for cutting edge Hip Hop and Electronica producers".
The collection contains 1099 loops, drum hits, MIDI files and features two Windows VST Instruments developed by DSK Music: the Hütkins synth and Mini Drumz. The material draws inspiration from and focuses on styles such as "Ghetto Tech", "Hyphy", "Crunkhouse" and "Spank Rock".
"Some of the most creative music made recently is from the merging of Hip Hop and Electronica", says Bil Bryant of PowerFX, "and we wanted to put together a package that provides producers with lots of inspirational tools and possibilities."
The Hütkins VSTi synth has 54 instruments and is named after early electro pioneers Ralf Hüttner of Kraftwerk and Detroit techno originator Juan Atkins. The synth features 3 instrument layers and includes electro basses and synth leads.
- 54 Instruments (15 basses and 39 Synths)
- 3 Instrument Layers
- ADSR, level, pan and control for each instrument
- Send FX Chorus, Delay,
- Master Reverb FX
- Includes 40 kits, including:
- Retro Beat Boxes (Ace Tone Rhythm Ace, DMX, Linn 9000, Drumulator, SP-12).
- Electro Drumsets (Simmons, Tama Tech Star).
- Electro Hip Hop custom kits.
- Individual MIDI Channel select.
- High Pass and Pole Filtering.
- Loads custom SF2 drum kits.
Hoodtronica features over 150 bass, drum and synth MIDI files to fuel the VST instruments. 28 Acidized construction kits, individual instrument loops, FX loops and an assortment of REX files are also included.
Pricing & Availability
Hoodtronica is available as a downloadable DVD for $79 from PowerFX.