The Roland Cloud 5.4 update is now live. Not only does this release see a new instrument hit your DAW in the form of Resin, but there are some fundamental additions to the Roland Cloud Concerto player that provide you with even more creative options than ever before.
Roland say: "We've received feedback from a large number of community members indicating that they'd love to see Hip Hop represented as an easy-to-use, high-quality instrument in the Flavr Series. To those that let us know, and even those that didn't, we know you'll be as delighted as we are with the latest Roland Cloud Flavr Series instrument, Resin."
Inspired by and designed for creators of Hip Hop and Neo Soul, Resin provides you with a tool-kit inspired by these genres. Combining ultra-deep sampled sounds with effects, Resin allows you to immediately create music, or sculpt the perfect instrument sound. You can chain any combination of distortion, chorus, flanger, delay and reverb or manipulate various LFO parameters in real time via your mod wheel.
Resin comes equipped with 76 melodic patches including the trademark sound that can only come from a needle applied to vinyl. There's also a robust drum kit to suit your beatmaking needs.
Effects Across the Board
This latest release also sees a huge update to the Roland Cloud Concerto player. All instruments in the Tera, Anthology and Flavr Series just received a massive upgrade. As of this update, you can now enable, chain, and order Reverb, Flanger, Delay, Chorus and Distortion.
Here's what's included:
- Stereo Delay with tempo sync, wet/dry adjustment, feedback adjustment.
- Flanger with adjustable depth, rate, feedback, stereo spread, tempo sync and wet/dry mix.
- Stereo Chorus with adjustable depth, rate, feedback, stereo spread, and wet/dry mix.
- Distortion with adjustable overdrive, turbo, wet/dry mix as well as several selectable IR models.
- Reverb that allows you to toggle between classic or convolution reverb models.
Roland Cloud pricing starts at $19.95 USD Per Month.