Samples From Mars recently released Modular Creations, a multi-format sample library of synth samples.
Samples From Mars say their Eurorack system is the culmination of collecting and piecing together hundreds of modular components over the past ten years. It's filled with sequencers, FX, and many modulation possibilities. Pioneered by Doepfer, with the help of Kraftwerk, a little over ten years ago, the format allowed the creation of new designs separate from the traditional modules, beginning with the release of several small synth components. Today there are hundreds of Eurorack modules, ranging from simple analog modules and VCOs to advanced DSP effects units.
Samples from Mars patched modules from 7 primary sound sources (the Basimilus, Elements, Model15, STO, Teleharmonix, Tides, and VCO6) over 140 loops, capturing the results through a variety of preamps (API, Neve, EMT, NonLinear) suited for each sound. Samples from Mars synthesized percussive synth syncopations, 8 bit basslines, guitar sounds, mallets, sirens, falling jenga blocks and cracked out claves. Very little processing was applied to the samples— they recorded batches of long loops and drones (at 120 BPM), and edited them down, isolating each at their most usable moment in time.
- 140 Modular Loops Recorded at 120 BPM (24-bit WAV, Apple Loops, REX2).
- 46 Ambient Drones (WAV).
- 35 Sound FX (WAV).
- 24 Chromatic Instruments for Ableton, Kontakt & Logic.
- 40 Ableton Loop MIDI Racks.
- 1.75 GB Total.
- If using raw WAV samples: 24-bit WAV Compatible DAW or Sampler.
- If using Ableton: Ableton Live 9.5 (Not Intro).
- If using Kontakt: Kontakt 5.5 (Not Player).
- If using Logic: Logic 9+.
- 1.75 GB free space.